Silverberry Group, Inc. is dedicated to helping people around the world practice and master whatever they are learning. When you share information with us we can help you achieve that goal by helping you find the right content and making your studying quicker and more effective.
- The information we collect and where we collect it from
- The ways we use your information
- The times where we might need to share information
- Choices you have about we do and how to exercise your choices
- How to contact us if you have questions
Information We Collect and Sources
We need to collect certain information about you to provide you with the Service or the support you request. The type of information we collect can vary depending on how you access and use our Service. Additionally, you can choose to voluntarily provide information to us. Below we have described the types of information we collect and from where we collect it.
Information you Provide to Us to Use the Service
Account information. We collect the information you provide when you sign up for a Pingoo account, log in to your account, communicate with us, answer our surveys, upload content, or otherwise use the Services. We request an email address when you choose to sign up for the Service so we can provide the Services to you and allow us to comply with applicable regulations. Without this information, we are not be able to provide you with the Service.
Transactional information. Users who engage in financial transactions with Pingoo, for example to purchase an upgraded membership subscription, are asked to provide additional information in order to complete the transaction, such as a credit card number, billing address and full name.
Visitors can always refrain from supplying certain information, but it may prevent them from engaging in certain Pingoo services which require that information.
Information You Provide to Enhance Your Experience
You can choose to provide us with additional information in order to obtain a better user experience when using the Service. This additional information will be processed with your consent and/or to provide you with services you request. This information includes your survey responses, participation in contests, promotions or other marketing efforts, suggestions for improvements, referrals, or any other actions on the Service.
Information We Get Automatically When You Use the Service
Device information. Like most website operators, Pingoo collects information about how users visit our site and the devices they use. We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, device identifiers like IDFA and UDID, and mobile network information). Pingoo may associate your device identifiers or other device information with your Pingoo Account to help us provide consistent services across your devices.
Geolocation information. We may use your IP address to generate a general approximation of where you are located in order to provide you with an improved experience. We do not request access to or collect location sensor information, such as GPS or Bluetooth beacons, from your mobile device while downloading or using our mobile apps or services.
Log information. When you use Pingoo, we automatically collect and store certain information about this activity. This data includes details of how you used our service, like your search queries, clicks and site navigation information, or other activity. It also may include data such as:
- Browser type
- Language preference and time zone
- Referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request
- Connection information like ISP or mobile operator
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Log-in and Log-out times
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We do not control, supervise or respond for how the third parties providing your information process your personal data, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
The information we collect about you from third parties includes:
Apple and Google Login. You have the option to log in to our site using sign-in services such as Apple and Google Login. These services authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us, such as your name, date of birth, and email address, to pre-populate our sign-up form. You may, optionally, choose to provide additional information during the sign-up or linking process, such as a friends list, to enable certain features on Pingoo when it is offered to you.
Other users. Pingoo may receive information about you from other users. For example, if another user chooses to use our referral service to tell a friend about our service, we may ask that user for their friend’s name and email address so we can send the invites on their behalf.
Other partners and companies. Pingoo may also receive information about you from other sources, including our partners, service providers or other third parties.
Third Party Service Providers. Where necessary, we use restricted versions of our third-party services (for example, Google Analytics) that limit data sharing and tracking on areas of our site and mobile apps that are accessed by children to support our internal operations.
How We Use Your Information
We collect information about you when you use the Service for a variety of reasons in order to support Pingoo and to enable our team to continue to create engaging experiences for our users.
Providing, Analyzing, Improving and Developing the Service
We process the data we collect about you to operate, improve and develop the Pingoo Service, including providing, maintaining, securing and improving our services, developing new ones, and protecting Pingoo and our users. We are able to deliver our services, personalize content, and make suggestions for you by using this information to understand how you use and interact with our services. We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new products or features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
Here are some examples of how we use this information:
- Providing, maintaining and improving the Service. Account information we collect from you allows us to help you log in, host your content, and use the various study tools we have. It also allows us learn about how you and others use Pingoo to help create new activities and services, like Pingoo Live.
- Improving, personalizing and facilitating your use of the Service. When you sign up and use a Pingoo account, we may associate certain information with your new account, such as information about other Pingoo accounts you had or currently have, and your prior usage of the Service. For example, we use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to save your language preferences, so we will be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer. We do this in order to ensure that content from the Service is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- Measuring, tracking and analyzing trends and usage in connection with your use or the performance of the Service. In order to develop and enhance our products and deliver a consistent, secure and continuous experience, we need gather certain information to analyze usage and performance of the Service. We also use mobile analytics software to pursue our legitimate interests in operating and improving Pingoo by allowing us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your device. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events and activities that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from.
- Fulfilling any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with the Service.
Communicating with You About the Service
We also use your account information and information you provide to us to provide you with relevant information about the Service and to assist you in using the Service if required. These communications may include:
- Sending you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us about our products and services. We may send you information about the parts of Pingoo you use or that may be relevant to you. While we primarily use our website to communicate this type of information and we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum, you may object to being contacted for these reasons using your personal contact information using the mechanisms provided in the Pingoo service or using the information provided below.
- Conducting surveys and collecting feedback about the Service. We do this to evaluate the effectiveness of any updates we provide.
- Delivering assistance or answering support requests. We send you the information and support you request, including technical notices, security alerts, and other administrative messages to provide assistance for problems you may encounter with the Service or your Pingoo account.
Protecting the Service and Maintaining a Trusted Environment
We use all categories of information we collect to maintain Pingoo as a safe and secure platform for all our users, including appropriate enforcement of Pingoo policies, as well as compliance with the law and applicable regulations. These efforts include:
- Preventing fraud, crime and abuse and the security and integrity of the Service. This includes investigating, detecting and preventing or reporting fraud, misrepresentations, security breaches or incidents, other potentially prohibited or illegal activities or to otherwise help protect your account.
- Protecting our and third parties’ rights and property and enforcing our Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies, including our Community Guidelines and Honor Code.
- Verifying your identity. In some cases, we may need to verify your identity in order to protect the security and integrity of the Service and your account.
- Complying with any applicable laws or regulations. This includes appropriately responding to lawful requests for information from the government or third parties through legal process.
- Contacting you to resolve disputes, collect fees and provide assistance with the Service.
Advertising, Analytics and Marketing
In order to support the Pingoo business and provide our users with relevant information regarding the Service and opportunities presented by partners, Pingoo may use your personal information for marketing the Service. We may also communicate with you and others about opportunities, products, services, contests, promotions, discounts, incentives, surveys, and rewards offered by us and select partners. We may also displaying relevant advertising to you while using the Service.
Cookies and Other Similar Technologies
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Pingoo and our partners’ affiliates, or analytics or service providers, to collect and store data about our users in order to provide the Service in accordance with our agreement with you under the Terms of Service and are an essential technology for allowing Pingoo to pursue our legitimate interests in operating and improving the Service.
Information We Combine
We also collect some information from other sources and combine that with information we collect from you. To ensure a proper experience on Pingoo, we combine information collected across devices, such as computers and mobile devices.
We may process data for any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with the Service from time to time. If we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than that set out above and which is not compatible with the original processing purpose, we will provide you with relevant information prior to such processing and will obtain your consent where necessary.
How Your Information Is Shared
Information You Choose to Share on Pingoo
Certain information about you or activities you perform on Pingoo may be displayed publicly, for example, information included on your user profile, topics you have taken or scores you have achieved,
How Pingoo Shares Information
Pingoo shares your information in the following circumstances:
With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Pingoo when we have your consent to do so.
For external processing. Pingoo provides personal and non-personal information to our partners, trusted organizations, vendors and other affiliated organizations to process it on our behalf. Some of these contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country. Our providers process data in accordance with our instructions, Privacy Notice and any other appropriate confidentiality, security or other requirements we deem necessary in order to comply with Pingoo’s obligations. By using Pingoo, you agree to allow these companies to process your data on our behalf, regardless of where they are located. These servives include credit card proessing companies, email marketing, customer support systems and such.
To respond to legal and other requests and to prevent harm. Pingoo will share all categories of personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Pingoo if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Respond to or meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against and prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of Pingoo, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
With any successor to all or part of our business. If Pingoo is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
For research purposes. From time to time, Pingoo may release non-personal information in the aggregate or as part of anonymized datasets, for example, by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Your Choices About How We Use Your Information
You may receive promotional email messages from Pingoo when you first interact with the Service or by making a request to us. You can opt out of receiving promotional email messages from Pingoo at the time we collect your information by following the instructions on screen, in those email messages, or by changing your notification settings in your Pingoo account. Opting out of receiving communications may impact your use of the Services. If you decide to opt out, we will still send you non-promotional communications, such as digital receipts and messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Who Can View Information You Post
Comments and dfeedbacks you post on our apps or website or in testimonials may be viewable by other users of Pingoo and the general public and you should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from these areas, contact us at Pingoo.app/support.
Managing Your Account
You remain in control of the information you provide to Pingoo. You may review, edit or delete any information you submit to us at any time by signing into your Pingoo account; however, deletion of this information may restrict your ability to effectively use the Service. You may also request to delete your account at any time. If you delete your account, information about all the activities and topics you have taken will be also deleted in accordance with our data retention practices.
EU Resident Rights
Pingoo processes your personal data only when we have a lawful basis for doing so. For example, some of the information we collect from you we need to enable use to deliver the Services to you and fulfill our agreement under the Terms of Service, sometimes we collect and process your data when you have given us consent to do so, sometimes we are required by law and regulations to collect and process this information about you, and, at other times, we consider it to be in our legitimate interest to collect and process this information, taking into consideration your privacy rights. In rare cases we also may be required to process your data to protect your vital interests or for a task in the public good.
European users also have several rights under the General Data Protection Regulation in certain circumstances, including the right to access, update and remove your personal data, object to particular processing, or file a complaint with our privacy team or a supervisory authority.
California and Nevada Resident Rights
California residents’ rights. If you reside in California and are not a job applicant, employee, or employee of another company interacting with us in your job role, you have the right to request what information we collect, use, and disclose. You also have the right to request that we delete your information. In order to do so, contact our support at pingoo.app/support. For requests submitted through our support team, we may need to take additional steps to verify you are the owner of the account, including confirming certain account information and ownership of the email address linked to the account. We will not discriminate against you because you have exercised any of your privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act. You can designate an agent to make a request by having them execute a notarized power of attorney to act on your behalf.
Sales of personal information. Under California law, we are required to tell California residents if we “sell” information as that term is defined by applicable law. “Sell” means to share personal information with a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. California residents, we do not sell your personal information based on our understanding of that term.
While Pingoo operates internationally, many of our systems are based in the United States which has different data protection standards than the European Union.
How Long We Retain Your Information
Pingoo retains your personal information for as long as your account is active, to fulfill our legitimate business purposes, or to comply with our legal obligations. When these conditions no longer exist, Pingoo removes that information in accordance with our standard deletion processes. Pingoo may retain and use non-personal information, including information which has been de-identified, aggregated, or anonymized, indefinitely.
We retain records of support tickets and other communications between Pingoo and our users, for example support emails, survey responses, feedback submissions, or comments on our blog or other posts, indefinitely in order to better manage our support processes, maintaining accurate business records, and identifying other trends. We reserve the right to publish these communications in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
How We Secure Your Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. Pingoo takes measures reasonably designed to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of personal information.
We use our best efforts to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. For example, our website and apps are designed to be protected by HTTPS encryption. When you enter credit card information on our order forms, that information is intended to be encrypted and is designed protected by our third-party payment providers. However, the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
Changes to This Notice
If you have questions or wish to send us comments about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org